Works closely with business analysis and development teams to ensure applications meet business and technical requirements and are of high quality. Includes analysis of business and technical requirements and specifications, development of test scripts, development and execution manual test cases and test scripts, and communication of test results and outcomes. Responsibilities:
- Understanding all requirements of a project and product
- Understanding testing requirements related to the current project/product.
- Assist test lead during test planning.
- Writing test scenarios for responsible modules and responsible testing topics by using “Black box techniques”.
- Follow IEEE 829 standards while documenting test cases with required test data and test environment.
- Involve in test cases review meeting along with the test lead.
- Involve in smoke testing on initial software build
- Execute test cases by using test data on SUT in test environment to detect defects.
- Involve in defect reporting and tracking
- Conduct Retesting, Sanity tests and Regression testing on every modified SUT to close bugs.
- Strong in SQL to connect to SUT database while testing.
- Involve in final regression testing on final SUT during test closure
- Join with the developers to do acceptance testing to collect the feedback on software from the real customers/model customers
- Assist test lead in RTM preparation before signoff from the project/product.