Job Title : Mainframe Systems ProgrammerLocation : Rockville, MDDuration : Long Term Job Description :
Serves as a Systems Programmer in the mainframe environment, which provides mainframe systems support for DOJ-wide customers in an enterprise data center environment. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Mainframe Systems Programmer – responsible for the installation, configuration, monitoring, automation, integrity, technical support and maintenance of the Department’s IBM System Z mainframe environment.
Serves as the administrator for The AIX portal server that provides a single view of all the OMEGAMON data for BOP’s WebSphere environment.
Serves as the administrator for PARMLIB changes for all LPARs that are implemented at PM outages.
Serves as administrator of the Mainframe ISCP that is part of the OSS COOP plan. Maintains the shutdown REXX code that is used to shut down all LPARs just prior to PM outages in a clean and timely fashion. Serves as the backup for automation issues when primary support is unavailable. Serves as the POC for the Reflections software suite that is used by all Mainframe staff. Serves as the primary Dallas support for DR tests for the VM system that runs production in Rockville. Serves as POC for SAS, QUICKREF, and CONNECT:DIRECT. This position requires:
- Thorough knowledge and proven ability to perform installation, customization, maintenance, and support of TIVOLI Portal Server running on AIX.
- Familiarity with the SAS, QUICKREF, and CONNECT:DIRECT program products.
- Thorough knowledge of CA-Scheduler.
- Thorough knowledge of command interfaces of all IBM started tasks and program products running on all z/OS systems.
- Thorough knowledge of IBM’s z/OS parmlib members and proper syntax.
- Proven ability to initiate and maintain software interfaces that connect Teradata equipment to z/OS systems.
- Strong analytical, performance tuning and problem resolution skills.
- Proven ability to determine, analyze and resolve software and device related problems.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills and ability to develop positive relationships with customers, team members, vendor service providers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience installing and migrating new software releases.
- Proven ability to update and maintain the ISCP structure and update content for the Mainframe team.
IBM z196, IBM z10, IBM EC12, IBM TS3500 VTL, IBM TS7720/7740 VTL Operating Systems:
z/OS, AIX, LINUXIBM SW:
JES2, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, RMF, SMF, JCL, FTP, VTAM, SMS, SMP/E, SyslogD, Teleview, IBM Utilities, Unix System Services (USS), , Tape Management Software (CA-1), HSM, Unix System Services, Websphere, CA-Scheduler, CA Top Secret Languages:
Assembly Languages, CLIST, SAS, REXX, Visual Basic Databases: Microsoft Access Database, DB2Other:
BMC Remedy Change Management, Reflections, CONNECT:DIRECT Desired Skills
Security Clearance : Top Secret SSBI
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills