Title: Senior Writer/ Communications SpecialistLocation: Houston, TXType: Permanent Job description
The client is seeking a talented writer/communications specialist to support the newly launched Innovation Institute, the client News site and the client PULSE magazine. The institute will function as the collaborative partner for member institutions, medical schools and teaching hospitals with regards to a broad array of medical topics.
The Senior Writer, Communications (Innovation) will lead the development, drafting and publication of a wide range of written articles and content – news articles, periodic opinion editorials, biweekly news communications, and other communications to support the Innovation Institute and medical center leadership teams as requestedKey Responsibilities:
• Research and prepare compelling, thought provoking articles regarding innovation topics for varied distribution points (online, magazine, academic, etc.)
• Fact-finding and interviewing; content and copy editing; proofreading.
• Ability to understand and translate related matters into captivating narratives, which should include features benefits, objectives, alternative viewpoints and the industry’s competitive environment.
• Proven talent in creative conception and copywriting around start-ups and related entrepreneurial endeavors, medical, pharmaceutical, life sciences, and biotech.
• Assist with the writing of journal articles, and presentations. Candidate must be able to collaborate in a professional environment and team setting.
• Writing and editing of PPT presentations and other materials to be used by directors for training and presentations on developed content.Desired Skills & Experience:
• Have 5+ years
of experience writing content within a broad range of healthcare and/or biotech related areas.
• Prior experience writing for a senior executive of a major organization, such as an academic medical center, higher education institution, or health care leader highly desired. Education/Qualifications:
• Be familiar with AMA style
• Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Acrobat, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Bachelor’s degree
in communications, public relations, policy research, or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to write in another’s voice.
• Outstanding editorial, research, writing, and communication skills, including ability to interact with entrepreneurs about translating their ideas to a commercial product.
• Able to write in a mature, sophisticated voice, while assimilating nuanced messages and concepts related to scientific innovations and life science and digital health start-up companies.
Should need more information I can be reached at email@example.com 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time.