Position: UNIX Platform security consultant
Location: St. Louis, MO
Duration: Long Term
In addition to detailed JD which you have for ISTS positions. Here is a core skill in each area
ISTS - L3 : The profile should have experience in Production support & day to day administration(Exposure to Security) products and tools based on Unix / AIX / Solaris / Linux platforms.
Hands on experience with production & operational support for (AIX or Solaris or Linux platform security – scripting/command line utilities /Configuration & Administration) . Day to day operational functions – security profile administration, troubleshooting, and resolution. Technical knowledge of command line utilities running on various platforms including Unix or Linux or HP Non-stop (Tandem). Exposure to network security products, encryption tools installation and basic configuration would be added plus.
Job Description : The candidate should have system, application, database security conceptual understanding, with hands on experience in providing technical support (security related) to either UNIX platform or Mainframe or Linux platform in a complex 24x7 environment.
- Minimum of 4-5 years in implementing & supporting UNIX or Linux or Mainframe security operations.
- Products: UNIX platform or Mainframe or Linux platform .
- Primary: Hands on experience with operational support for (UNIX platform security – scripting/command line utilities /Configuration & Administration) . Day to day operational functions – security profile administration, troubleshooting, and resolution. Technical knowledge of command line utilities running on various platforms including Unix, Linux, HP Non-stop (Tandem), Mainframe, and MS Windows
- Desirable: Familiarity with UNIX security models & Role based access controls. Exposure to build / script command line utilities .
- Operations support (24x7 on call support): Troubleshooting, Investigating operational problems and provide work around and resolution /remediation. Provide assistance to implementation and development teams with appropriate security at file and data level as required.
- Provide technical support to Unix platform security access issues or application teams /developers
- Performing scheduled maintenance activities such as patching, backups etc as required
- Good understanding of information security concepts especially identity and access management, regulatory compliance requirements.
- Good business writing skills and effective presentations skills.