.Net Application Developer
Responsible for developing and maintaining application software and for knowing where and how data elements are manipulated within the various applications, the Application Developers perform system analysis, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting of the software systems used by the business. They work with the other members of the IT team to troubleshoot, document, and resolve issues with existing business software systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
· Develop new applications, modify and maintain existing software, working closely with end-users, IT peers and management
· Document the new applications, or the changes made to existing applications
· Participate in unit, integration, and business acceptance testing of the applications.
· Troubleshoot application and system issues
· Code applications following specifications using the appropriate tools and adhering to the documented coding standards.
· Carries outother duties as may be assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
· Active and articulate communicator able to maintain open dialog with Operations staff and other non-technical members of the organization.
· Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
· Knowledge of software architecture, design, development and debugging techniques.
· Experience with Software Development Life-cycle methodologies.
· Demonstrated web application knowledge and experience, including functionality utilizing web services.
· Ability to write efficient TSQL.
· Experienced with Waterfall methodologies.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ASP.NET MVC and WCF.
· Requires education generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or related field.
· Minimum two years development experience working with the .NET Framework and related tools on web and desktop applications. C# experience is required.
· Candidates with a combination of significant, relevant on-the-job experience and education meeting the minimum requirements may be substituted.