The main function of a database administrator is to coordinate changes to computer databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. A typical database administrator is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.
• Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
• Modify existing databases and database management systems.
• Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system.
• Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
• Associate's degree in computer programming or relevant field required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 5-7 years experience required.Steve JD | V.L.S Systems Inc.Work
: 703-953-3118x 1330 | Fax
4080 Lafayette Center Drive, Suite 300 | Chantilly | VA 20151www.vls-systems.com