Provide leadership in gathering, clarifying, & documenting requirements for application projects, service and support requests. Responsibilities include guiding work throughout the entire IT life cycle, which includes working with IT architects to identify a technical solution, facilitating IT estimates and staffing needs, providing work oversight and customer status, documenting and facilitating testing, and implementing the final solution.
· General BSA Functions:
· Provide business systems analysis leadership and guidance for the DTNA Marketing and Pricing systems.
· Perform analysis and design on application projects / enhancement requests. Actively work with customers to analyze business needs, gather and document business and system requirements
· Perform As-Is business process analysis and develop creative, best in class To-Be processes
· Facilitate IT work estimates
· Document use cases/functional designs and closely interact w/ developers and Quality Assurance
· Support the test team for test planning, execution and user testing
· See the solution through to implementation and final user signoff
· Facilitate meetings and document outcome
· Perform technical consulting and user training when necessary
· Troubleshoot application problems and propose optimal resolutions
· Responsible for optimization of system applications
· Understand IT processes and work within designated guidelines
· Provide best practices and application knowledge mentorship
· Specific Functions for this position:
· Assume a business process and systems specialist role on work assignments with focus in the Marketing area.
· Assume a business process and systems specialist role on work assignments with focus in the Pricing area.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (required)
· Ability to work with customers, understand their business practices and manage their expectations (required)
· Ability to analyze and document business and system processes (required)
· Experience writing Use Cases and Functional Designs (required)
· Ability to plan and perform testing, including documenting test conditions, expected results, and test validation (required)
· Ability to multitask and handle ambiguity (required)
· Ability to take charge and lead tasks to completion (required)
· Ability to work in a team environment (required)
· Bachelor degree (required) in Information Technology field (a plus)
· 5+ years of progressively responsible systems analysis experience or, equivalent work experience (required)
· Thorough understanding of the Application Development Life Cycle and the ability to lead efforts in implementing life cycle practices (required)
· Familiarity with UML (a plus)
· Familiarity with the IBM Rational tool set (a plus)