Responsible for driving application design decisions around client’s complex eCommerce and mobile applications. Responsible for assuring that the current and future state process and application design is unified, has a planned evolution, reduces integration complexity, and ensures reuse. Designs must provide for scalability, extensibility, consistency, flexibility, and supportability. Work closely with the business to understand needs, collect and write specifications, outline a roadmap to deliver functionality, manage the backlog, direct and/or perform the development, drive continuous code integration, and deliver the solution within scope, budget and timeline. Should have recent and relevant experience in coding as the position will require significant hands-on attention.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: 5+ years Information Technology; Experience in participating in an applications development project in one or more of the following roles: Architect, Designer, Sr. Developer, Project Manager, Systems Analyst; Experience working with cross functional and global team.
Certification Required: Technology and/or project management certifications a plus. Scrum Master training desired.
Technical Skills: Knowledge of internal and external technology applications landscape specifically with eCommerce and mobile platforms; clear understanding of technologies such as ASP.NET, WCF, VB.Net, HTML5, C#, SOA, EAI, ETL, SAP. Vendor / third party management and negotiation; Architectural best practices, documentation, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Review project ideas and provide technology input, prescribing appropriate application solutions which balance business requirements with client’s technology standards to arrive at the optimal solution. Monitor and provide input at key checkpoints throughout the project lifecycle.
• Write user and technical specifications in line with business needs.
• Implement application design to provide applications that meet the business needs, are first to market, and are easily enhanced and extended in line with evolving business needs.
• Define product roadmap and release plan using MVP concepts. Work with product owner, groom backlog, consistently seeks ways to accelerate delivery.
• Provide project management oversight on project; manage project plan, resources, timeline and budget.
• Produce applicable project and application documentation.
• Develop code as required.
• Direct and manage the development team including KT, requirements and design specifications, task assignment, code reviews, documentation reviews, test reviews, production readiness reviews.
• Identify and execute upon application optimization opportunities (ie: re-engineering, consolidation, retirement).
• Stay abreast of current technology and development trends; adopt and incorporate as appropriate.
• Work with preferred vendors to procure resources; interview and assess software services against capability and contract requirements.
• Develop MSAs, SOWs and RFPs in-line with project demand and scope.
• Implement and maintain architectures that will support a global business.
• Maintain an expertise level for the changing technology.
• Incorporate tools/standards to provide seamless integration and establish an enterprise perspective.
• Encourage service, application, data, and network integration across the enterprise.
• Offer a means of stable evolution by identifying technologies that work together to satisfy the needs of clients across the organization.
• Ensure interoperability inside and outside the organization.
• Other duties as assigned.