Title: User Experience Designer Location: Cincinnati, OHType: Permanent Job description:
Seeking a User Experience Designer who will analyse existing software interfaces and design improved ones. The UE Designer will focus on the functional design of our internally-built applications to ensure intuitive, efficient interfaces. The UE Designer will consult directly with end users, translating their needs into product interface solutions that will increase productivity and effectiveness.
• Apply user-centered design and usability engineering techniques to new and existing software products to improve user productivity.
• Develop and maintain mock-ups, wireframes, scenarios, prototypes, navigation maps, user stories, storyboards, and other design artifacts
• Standardize and improve the User-Centered Design methodology
• Collaborate with product management teams and leverage user research to translate business and marketing goals into optimal software solutions
• Design and develop presentation layers (GUI components) for client, web, and mobile applications
• Work closely with the Design and Development Team Leads and System Analysis and Applications Architects to interpret functional requirements and conduct task analysis/usability tests
• Participate in implementation of new features and components and ensure quality of product releases
• Measure and report on effectiveness of product releases and initiatives
• The position reports to the Program Office Manager
The 3 main functions of the position in priority rank are: 1. UX/UI redesign/upgrades of current in-house applications. 2. Usability research/engineering 3. Developing mockups, wireframes and prototypes.Desired Skills & Experience:
• 3-10 years’
experience required UX/UI redesign/upgrades
• Associates degree or higher in a field of engineering or science;
Preferred degrees include: Human Factors, Usability Interaction Design, and User Experience Design.
• Proven history of developing and enhancing innovative and effective user interface designs
• Familiarity with usability heuristics, relevant HCI techniques, and user experience best practices
• High comfort-level with a wide spectrum of projects ranging from ergonomic to cognitive considerations
• Visionary mentality and a strong motivation to impact industry-leading technology
Should need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time.