Position: Data Protection Leader Location: Chicago, Illinois or Stamford, CTDuration: Long term Role Summary/Purpose:
The Data Protection Leader will focus primarily on defining, implementing, monitoring, assessing and fine-tuning organization's suite of data protection controls, including data loss prevention (DLP), encryption technologies, and file integrity monitoring.Essential Responsibilities:
• Positon ideally based out of Chicago but will be flexible and consider other locations.
• Collaborate with internal business teams on requirements for relevant analytical reports, processes, procedures, SOPs, and policy configurations for all data protection technologies. Technologies will include data loss protection (DLP), encryption technologies, and file integrity monitoring.
• Ensuring effective administration of data protection tools, including configuration of policies, designing logical architecture, and ensuring scheduled upgrades and system patching.
• Collaborating with other security teams to remain current on emerging data protecting strategies.
• Define security compliance strategies for data protection tools and devices.
• Managing team resources to effectively coordinate and manage data protection-related projects.
• Ensure all documentation, including logical diagrams, policies, procedures and process diagrams related to data protection functions are accurate and up-to-date.
• Monitor and provide recommendations to leadership on data protection security controls to ensure the controls are appropriate and operating as intended.
• Collaborate with IT teams and security teams to ensure data protection security controls are kept up-to-date and ensuring remediation strategies are defined and implemented using a risk-based approach.
• Assess, evaluate, and develop metrics related to data protection defects, including issues related to tool deployment, expected protection, and operational effectiveness.Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of IT experience OR 2) in lieu of degree High School Diploma/GED and 9 years of IT
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing a technical team tasked with developing, overseeing and enforcing the overall strategy for system design, deployment and administration, as well as ongoing support of data protection functions
• Minimum 3 years of experience understanding of data loss prevention, encryption, and file integrity monitoring concepts and technologies
• Minimum 3 years of experience defining security compliance strategies for data protection tools and devices
• Work with business and IT project teams that are proposing changes that impact GECRB data protection controls to ensure that the teams follow defined security standards.
I have a position for the above requirement, if you are available and interested please do reply me with your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or please do reach me on 732-289-9856