Web and eCommerce Systems ManagerLOCATION :
Elmhurst, IL – Local candidates preferred
Duration : Full TIME Web and eCommerce Systems Manager
The Web and eCommerce Systems Manager is responsible for all aspects of the analysis, design, implementation, deployment, and support of CGI’s Web and Ecommerce solutions including consumer and customer facing web properties and support systems. This position will play a strategic role in shaping and enabling online growth through digital marketing and ecommerce business strategies for both our B2C brand and our B2B brand teams.
The Web and eCommerce Systems Manager will have responsibility for hiring and supervising a growing team of application developers who will engage business stakeholders to design, develop, and implement solutions that meet business needs; collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement integrated solutions; support production systems including analyzing and resolving production problems and end user service requests.
This role requires building and maintaining relationships with business stakeholders, IT peers, and vendors; ability to understand and apply best practices in development of digital marketing and ecommerce applications and services, management and project management skills, and an energetic commitment to delivery of results. The role will interface with multiple departments, primarily Marketing, Sales, and Technical and Customer Service.
This position is responsible for direct supervision of our internal resources which may be a blend of full time employees and contractors.
- Provide functional management and supervision to a team of technical software developers and analysts responsible for implementation, support, and maintenance of a variety of eCommerce, Digital Marketing web sites and services, including eCommerce system, Web Content Management System, PIM system and Web Services to/from companies ERP system (SAP)
- Provide development leadership, stewardship and support to core support systems, including
- Experience with leading B2B focused eCommerce packages (prefer Insite Commerce, Hybris, iCongo. Will consider equivalents, such as ATG)
- REST/ SOAP based Web Services between Web Sites and backend systems of record
- Product information Management systems (custom or off the shelf considered)
- Web Content Management System (Kentico experience preferred – others considered)
- Serve as the day-to-day manager for projects related to above areas, working closely with counterparts in the business brand & marketing teams to plan, estimate, manage and deliver projects.
- Proactively collaborate and manage relationships with colleagues in IT including the SAP applications team and the Infrastructure team to ensure delivery of fully integrated solutions.
- Manage vendor relationships; collaborate with external marketing agencies and participate in design, wireframe, concept and prototype review sessions. Assist in the translation and creation of Information Architecture, SiteMaps, Layered Compositions and other design related deliverables.
- Manage all work through the full development life cycle, from concept through design, development, deployment, and support. Actively manage scope, schedule and resources throughout the process.
- Proactively monitor and support production systems, resolve problems, and take appropriate actions to resolve root cause, improve system stability, operations, and processes.
- Manage change control and release management for all digital marketing systems; ensure adherence to corporate change control procedures and controls. Manage and control source code and all appropriate documentation.
- Ensure proper QA/ test procedures exist and are followed in the development lifecycle based on project needs.
- Manage digital marketing system environments including development, QA/staging, production, ensuring environments are available, functional, and fit for purpose.
- Understand and contribute to our Digital Marketing Strategy and Roadmap.
- Proactively monitor the industry and stay current on modern technologies and innovations which can be leveraged to drive value.
- Be the primary IT point of representation with the brand marketing teams. Manage business stakeholder relationships across Sales, Marketing, Brand, and Customer Support and Service departments. Build a rapport and relationship of trust and confidence and a reputation for excellence, delivery, and integrity. Work with stakeholders to actively manage work priorities against shared development capacity. Proactively use these interactions to plan forward demand and create resource plans.
- Provide guidance and input to other areas of the company, continuously educating, communicating, and evangelizing on topics related to digital marketing technology.
- Maintain knowledge of, and leverage, industry best practices relating to digital marketing systems development, maintenance, and management.
- Mentor direct reports; conduct development planning and evaluation; work to build a high-performing team.
- Drive continuous improvement in your team’s processes.
Must-have Technical Skills and Abilities:
- At least 5 years recent experience one or more Digital Marketing and/or eCommerce projects, e.g. Website Redesign, Social Media or Microsite Campaigns
- Experience working in Agile based project methodology environments, including sprint planning, backlog and scrum based approaches to delivering high quality software products.
- Experience managing or supervising technical development resources.
- Experience implementing, managing and supporting leading eCommerce package solutions that integrate to a backoffice ERP application for features such as pricing, availability, order entry, order status checks, credit card authorization, shipping/freight options, invoice retrieval, etc.
- Experience with both B2B and B2C eCommerce solutions
- Experience with Web Content Management and Digital Asset Management tools in an eCommerce environment
Preferred technical skills / experience
- Established and verifiable full-lifecycle track record performing successful discovery and deployment of web-based marketing projects
- Prior hands-on experience working with one or more modern eCommerce package solutions is essential
- Working knowledge of one or more off-the-shelf Web Content Management Systems (using .NET technology – Kentico a strong plus – other equivalent platform experiences considered)
- Working knowledge and application of modern web design practices including User Centered Design, Responsive Design, Progressive Disclosure and Graceful Degradation (one or more a strong plus)
- Background in and technical proficient in Java, C# and object orientated design and development. Note this is primarily a management role and is expected to be hands on / in code less than 20%)
- Knowledge of .NET 4+ and the Microsoft Technology Platform Experience working with Web Services and APIs such as SOAP and REST, JSON, AJAX and XML
- Working knowledge and experience with either WCF, LINQ and Web Forms, Unity, or Spring, Struts, JSF and hibernate
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL Server, SSIS, and Entity Framework (other ORMs a plus)
- Experience working within waterfall and agile based project environments a strong plus
- Ability to estimate projects, plan resources, evaluate and mitigate risks, identify assumptions and dependencies
- Experience and application of best practices in making eCommerce applications and websites successfully perform and scale
- Familiarity with general software languages principles and modern approaches, including stacks, reflection, garbage collection, MVC, dependency injection, model driven design, asynchronous programming models, user controls and how to successfully unit test the above
- Experience in designing, implementing and deploying web, social and mobile development experiences following brand guidelines
- Effective time and task management and ”multi-tasking” skills
- Knowledge of Web servers (IIS strong plus), load balancer technology (Big IP/F5 a strong plus but not essential), general Internet protocols and web server communications, including HTTP, TCP, UDP, Web Sockets, etc.
- Working experience-implementing object orientated programming (OOP), concepts and techniques including encapsulation, polymorphism and inheritance (strong plus)
- Strong working skills designing and developing SOA architectures
- Experience crafting and maintain UML based technical documentation such as sequence diagrams
- Critical thinking skills, ability to problem solve and willingness to troubleshoot production related incidents with other team members
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience implementing web based analytic tags into web sites, e.g. Google Analytics, to track, manage, and report on digital marketing performance
- Experience with multiple web specific technologies, programming languages and major application frameworks (e.g. of Android Java, Objective C and HTML/JS/CSS)\Prior experience working with CRM systems, including Sales Force.com in support of digital marketing/ ecommerce goals
- Experience with native smart phone application development considered a plus
- Prior experience working with creative/ digital / marketing agency
- Experience integrating ecommerce experiences into a back end ERP system such as SAP
Avinash Jaiswal | Recruitment Manager | V.L.S Systems Inc.
Address: 4080 Lafayette Center Drive, Suite 300 | Chantilly | VA 20151
Work : 703-953-3118 x 1375
| Fax (703) 953-3881 | www.vls-systems.com firstname.lastname@example.org