Title: Systems Engineer – Linux
Location: New York, NY
- The ideal candidate will have production operations experience working with developers to support local systems
- The candidate should be experienced in quickly isolating and resolving issues and should be able to give specific examples of emergency troubleshooting.
- Provide day to day operational support to the production, staging and development environment
- Build new environments following industry best practices and internal security policies and standards
- Lead or act as a key contributor for the Global technology projects
- Troubleshoot problems and respond to inquiries in development, staging, and production environments, including web servers, application servers, database servers and network systems
- Participate in capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Assist in management of version control system, including user management, codeline management, branching, and planning for new projects
- Enhance the current environment with custom scripts and tools to simplify and automate tasks, and help Network Operations work more efficiently
- Document process, procedures and system build
This role works very closely with the other team members in the Network Engineering group including DBAs and Network Engineers. They also work regularly with the Development, QA and Partner Support groups globally Desired Skills & Experience:
- More than 8 years of experience as a DevOps engineer managing highly complex infrastructure with high traffic
- Hands on experience administrating Linux servers, Puppet, Jenkins, VMware ESX Server, VMware vCenter and Oracle database
- Hands on experience on NetApp storage, HP Servers, HP Storage, SAN, NAS, NFS, FC, iSCSI
- Expert in Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, including hardening, troubleshooting, configuring and installing.
- Experience with linux tools such as Nagiose, Cacti, Syslog, ClamAV, Wireshrek, TripWire and Perforce
- Ability to read and write administrative scripts in Bash Shell and Perl
- Experience on building or worked on Disaster recovery projects
- RHCE and CCNA certification preferred
- Experience supporting network devices including switches, routers, load balancers and firewalls is a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
Client is built on state of the art technology infrastructure which caters to millions of users worldwide. The Systems Engineer is responsible for providing support to the technology infrastructure. The position need to support the environments like production, staging and development, each of the environments consists of physical servers, virtualized server, storage system, network equipment and various tools. Should some one need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or Ph # 203-567-0129.