Contract to Hire position.
This position will be responsible for leading the SAS 9.4 upgrade project and will work very closely with the PM for this project, the supervisor of the SAS admins, the SAS admins on staff, and the SAS business customers. He will be responsible for installing, configuring, and migrating, and testing the upgrade to SAS (9.4) from SAS 9.2 and 9.3. He will also lead the effort to upgrade PC SAS to 9.4.
Required Job Skills:
Experience Installing and Configuring SAS 9.X in a multi-tier environment
SAS migration experience starting with version 9.2
Experience leading large projects
UNIX Scripting Experience
UNIX Security Knowledge
Experience working and communicating with people of various technical backgrounds
Experience with WebSphere MQ
Experience with SAS Management Console Administration (creating new users, libraries, security, etc...)
SAS Enterprise Guide Administration experience
Knowledge of SAS Enterprise Miner
Experience providing level 2 support for customers
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field-Or equivalent work experience.
· 8 Years of experience with large and complex database management systems, business intelligence tools and systems
· Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
· Takes initiative to solve complex problems.
· Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
· May lead functional teams or projects