Title: Micro Strategy Consultant
Location: Rockville MD
Duration: 6+ months Job Description:
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with deep analytical and problem solving skills, and have hands-on experience utilizing Micro Strategy's advanced reporting and analytical tools to support the implementation of data presentation and decision-making BI projects. As a member of the Business Intelligence Team, you will be part of a fast-paced environment committed to delivering critical strategic and operating insights to key business executives and decision makers. You will utilize Micro Strategy to tap into AARP's data resources and build an essential library of standard and custom reports. Teamwork is essential as this position involves extensive interaction and collaboration with members of the AARP business units and Business Intelligence Team. This role requires a positive, enthusiastic, results-oriented professional with excellent attention to details, a passion for owning and producing top-quality deliverables, and a disciplined work ethic for meeting deadlines and commitments.Required Skills:
• Develop and maintain MicroStrategy reports, dashboards and end-user applications.
• Design, develop and implement BI systems enabling non-technical users to leverage data for strategic decision-making.
• Utilize various MicroStrategy reporting tools to deliver insights to targeted audiences (e.g., Narrowcast, Web Reporter, Web Analyst, Wed Professional, Report Services, Portal SDK).
• Develop extensible components on top of MicroStrategy in line with business priorities, e.g. Flash/Flex-based components in Report Services, portal integration, standard object creation (templates, filters, prompts, etc.).
• Stay up to speed on the latest MicroStrategy technologies and facilitate plans to incorporate new features in overall product usage to help leverage the maximum benefit from MicroStrategy investment.
• Be involved in full lifecycle development and implementation of AARP’s BI reporting and analytical services.
• Design, develop and implement reporting and analysis environment, including template-driven and parameterized reports.
• Develop ad hoc interfaces enabling end-users to generate their own reports.
• Perform extensive QA on data and MicroStrategy reports.
• Resolve user-identified functional and technical issues relating to Data Mart and MicroStrategy reporting services.
• Configure new projects and model data for data warehouse and BI purposes.
• Create, test and troubleshoot reports
• Communicate with the business when necessary
• Micro Strategy System Administration on Linux.
7-10 years of prior software development experience required.
Proficiency with MicroStrategy – Dynamic Dashboard, visual insights, Flash Widgets & Mapping, Report development, Mobile Application development.
Thanks & Regards
KranthiKumar. GTechOrbit, Inc.
21515 Ridgetop Cir suite 150
Sterling, VA 20166
Fax: (703) 935-8289