• Provides expert programming and/or analysis skills for specific systems assignments.
• Acts as the interface between the systems and the technical support areas when additional technical support is required
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• An expert technician or analyst assigned to a single system or group of small systems
• Has demonstrated the ability to perform programming and analysis functions at a very high degree of accuracy and speed
• Act as infrastructure liason for development teams
• Provide hands-on leadership to technology driven initiatives such as new platform deployments and upgrades
• Develop automation scripts and orchestration to support new environment buildouts
• Has advanced research and analysis skills
• Builds effective alliances
• Demonstrates a personal commitment to technology
• Can express technical solutions in the terms of business
• Has expert knowledge of infrastructure automation with a preference for automating Microsoft SQL Server and custom .NET application deployments for thick clients and web.
• Has demonstrated the ability to rapidly learn technical/business techniques and disciplines of special value to the systems supported.
• Possesses a working knowledge of the business and/or technical environments in which the system operates and a solid knowledge of the business function supported.
• Demonstrates the desire and aptitude to become the expert in one or more technical or project management disciplines and applies substantial effort to gaining more knowledge in that area.
Experience with the following technologies desired:
• Microsoft Powershell
• Flexera Software
• BMC BladeLogic
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Microsoft IIS
• HP Remedy
Business Knowledge & Partnership
• Works effectively with business unit to formulate specifications and present results of analysis.
• Works with management to establish schedules.
• Places high priority on services and consistently meets scheduled dates. Handles business contacts with clear, concise communication in business terms and adjusts to changing priorities.
• Demonstrates attitude of willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues
Problem Solving & Decision Making
• Devises technically feasible solutions for moderately complex problems.
• Uses innovative insights and creativity in evaluating alternatives
• Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives, to work as one team and to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control.
• Balances team/individual responsibilities.
• Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
• Gives and welcomes feedback.
• Puts success of team above own interest
• Maintains the operational integrity of a single system and the business function it supports.
• Demonstrates discretion in handling confidential data related to the system
Planning and Project Management
• Sets appropriate goals and priorities.
• Completes multiple tasks in the time allocated to accomplish results.
• Accurately evaluates and estimates new tasks.
• Provides management with accurate and timely status information
• Assesses financial impact of recommended designs/solutions.
• Works with Financial Analysts to identify pertinent facts for systems/projects and cost/benefit analysis