Database Administrator for Teradata (contract position)
The successful candidate will be become a member of the Database Systems team within NS IT. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be the maintenance and support of Teradata databases in a manner consistent with established change control policies and prescribed procedures. Candidate will be expected to rotate on call duties and work overtime when need arises.
Contractor is expected to supply his/her own cell phone for work related calls and text pages.
Education: 4-yr College Degree preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
• 4+ years as Teradata DBA experience
• Teradata Database Administration (V14 and V15) including logical and physical database design; monitoring; performance tuning; troubleshooting; maintenance; backup, archive and recovery; and security
• Ability to investigate and analyze problems, ability to document problems and work with application teams and vendor support to resolve problems
• Teradata Tools and Utilities
• Knowledge of SUSE Linux V10 or V11
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Applicable Industry Certifications:
Teradata Certified Database Administrator