Title: Java DeveloperLocation: Arlington, VA
Duration: 6-12 month contract 4 days a week in Arlington. 1 day in Silver Spring, MD... must be clearable for public trust
Green Card or Citizen only In-person after phone MUST HAVE SOLR EXPERIENCE
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills. Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead a small team of 3-5 individuals.
- Demonstrates ability to work with system owners, business owners, technical teams, and functional teams to design, implement, test, and validate a system.
- Meet with business and system owners to understand and document desired system requirements.
- Work with business users to gather requirements, write functional and technical specifications.
- Design and develop new code and/or support operations, maintenance, and enhancements of existing code.
- Translate visual designs into completed HTML pages while strictly adhering to design specifications.
- Develop conceptual and technical design including use of OOA and OOD techniques.
- Conduct multiple levels of testing including unit, system, integration and performance.
- Effectively model organization business processes and integrate them with existing Enterprise systems and capabilities.
- Estimate and plan iterative / agile releases
- Mentor junior team members
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Ability to work with key owners and stakeholders to document requirements
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Minimum 4 years in system integration and development and package implementations
- Minimum 3 years experience with Java and Java-based technologies
- Minimum 1 year experience developing front-end solutions
- Experience working with SOLR search
- Experience with core Java packages such as Spring and Hibernate
- Demonstrates ability to do technical design and development using Java (JDK 1.5 or above) technologies including JSP and Servlets
- Ability to learn new UI technologies quickly
- Experience in developing standards-based, CSS-driven, table-less layouts.
- Experience working with responsive web designs and mobile web sites is highly desirable
- Is able to use integrated development environments (IDE) such as Eclipse , Java Compilers, and build tools like Ant or Maven to develop and troubleshoot issues
- Familiar with SQL and / or experience with database technologies such as Oracle
- Solid understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in agile or iterative SDLCs
- Experience with Object Oriented Technologies.
Proven leadership skills to independently manage a track of work with 3 - 5 people, during various phases of the project lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree required from college or University
Thanks, Srinadh ReddySiltek Corporation people. technology. innovation
300 Brickstone Square Suite 201
Andover, MA 01810
(978) 475-2500 Direct
(978) 623-7201 Faxsrinadh@siltekcorp.comwww.siltekcorp.com