The Video Collaboration Engineer will be responsible for leading technology planning and implementation initiatives required to effectively decouple Synchrony Financial video platforms from GE Corporate video collaboration networks and support. The Engineer will also spearhead future video network and service initiatives, provide ongoing service management and support of video collaboration services, and identify and manage efforts to improve quality and performance the Synchrony Financial video collaboration platforms.
The ideal candidate for this role will embrace the exciting blend of technical expertise, engagement ability, and leadership of complex projects that are required to be successful in this role. Specifically:
- Serve as Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the planning, design, migration, implementation, testing and operational support of Synchrony Financial’s Video Collaboration Services
- Collaborate on and manage all internal and external technical engagements on multiple projects required to decouple existing video collaboration services from GE Corporate and establish fully- and self-supported services and platforms within Synchrony Financial.
- Serve as technical and subject matter expert on issues related to video platform integration, network connectivity, 3rd party integrations, operational support and user interaction with the collaboration tools
- Manage multiple suppliers through the design, engineering, testing, deployment and support phases of service delivery
- Develop and manage ITIL-based support models that integrate with Synchrony network teams, GE Corporate, 3rd party suppliers and partners
- Provide L2 and L3 technical escalation and leadership for all planned and unplanned service events that impact video collaboration services
- Participate in the technical mentoring, training and education of new team members
3+ years’ direct Design, Engineering and Implementation experience with the following technologies:
- ALL Cisco core Telepresence architecture (TMS, CUCM, TPS, VCS/Expressway, carrier gateways)
- Cisco endpoint technologies (CTS, EX and SX Telepresence Endpoints)
- SIP & H.323 Videoconferencing systems & connectivity
- WebEx meeting, Jabber IM & Video clients
- Telepresence TMS and Microsoft Exchange integration
- Cisco Enterprise Content Delivery System (ECDS)
- Enterprise Webcast design and delivery
- 2+ years’ direct WAN/LAN design, engineering, implementation and/or technical support experience
- 2+ years’ experience managing multi-faceted, complex technology and network implementation projects
- Webcast and content distribution network design, deploy and/or operational experience
- ITIL-based service management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of audio/video system design principals, video networking technologies WAN & LAN Video networking principals and standards.
- BS/BA in Information Technology/Management, Computer Science, or other Technical degree.
- Formal GE Project Management Training and/or industry PM certification desired
- Ability to lead technical teams and discussions in a highly-matrixed organization.
- Telepresence endpoint/HD endpoint implementation, integration and/or technical support experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful to on-time & on-budget completion
- Ability to solve problems independently, within teams and through direction of assigned resources.
- Ability to anticipate, lead and quickly adapt to change.
- Ability to work with global teams - act independently and as part of a team.
- Proven track record of initiating and driving actions to improve project cycle time and quality of deliverables.
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging collaboration technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
- Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint.
- Strong listening, analytical & problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to overcome them.
- Customer service skills to manage technical issues in complex, difficult or stressful situations.
- Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate technical information to audiences at all levels of the organization.