Must be able to put together a project plan and track plan, preferably using MS Project
The Technical Delivery Manager is accountable for the delivery of large, cross functional development and systems integration projects. The Development Delivery Manager owns solution delivery and is ultimately responsible for development project leadership, management, quality, and timely / cost-effective delivery.
The Delivery Manager has to work effectively with upper management and multiple stakeholders and to apply customer relationship management practices, including the identification of appropriate, mutually agreed objectives.
The Delivery Manager must also be able to lead technical personnel (Development Team Managers, Systems Analysts, Developers, Testers), provide input to functional design and architecture, track and resolve technical issues during build and test phases, and overall to successfully develop and deliver technical solutions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide overall development leadership, and direct teams in the delivery of high-quality products on time and within budget.
· Manage business requirements and scope on a technical level, and coordinate between cross-functional teams to ensure product adherence to business requirements and architectural direction.
· Team with Project Managers to coordinate work effort between analysis, development, architecture, operations, release management, and quality assurance teams, and partner with Business Liaison teams to ensure alignment of technical solutions to business objectives and priorities.
· Provide key input / status to senior-level business stakeholders during project design, build, and testing phases.
· Establish and maintain relationships with business clients to ensure that their needs are articulated in business and technological terms.
· Directly and indirectly manage the work effort of T-Mobile development personnel and 3rd party vendors, in the delivery of assigned projects and programs.
· Provide development status reporting to Senior Management.
Skills and knowledge acquired through professional Development, Tech. Lead, and Management experience are required in each of the following areas:
· Project Management, Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Systems Integration, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design
· Experience in project management disciplines – scope, schedule, budget, risk, and issue management
· Experience in owning and managing a holistic project plan (MPP or other), including timelines and dependencies
· Experience in development of custom applications using one or more development languages or tools (e.g., Java/J2EE, C#, ASP.NET)
· Experience in packaged application development
· Experience with or exposure to middleware application development (e.g., Tibco, Vitria, webMethods)
· Experience with multiple delivery methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, RUP, Agile/SCRUM)
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to triage issues across multiple systems and drive technical issues to resolution.
· Ability to lead by influence up, down, and across an organization
· 8+ years of management or project lead experience required
· 8+ years experience leading Business Support System (BSS) solution delivery in the telecommunications industry
· 5+ years of hands-on application development experience