Job Title:J2EE Middleware AdministratorLocation:Peoria ILDuration:6-12 MonthsStart date:ASAP. Job Description:
As a J2EE Middleware Administrator, you will have the opportunity to work both independently and with a cooperative team on complex projects that span multiple infrastructure components or applications. You will develop your professional network and leadership skills, assisting in the creation and support of IT Solutions that enable Caterpillar success. Further, you will contribute real value by developing, integrating, and/or supporting in-house and purchased applications or infrastructure solutions in order to solve business problems.. This position will also support the teams Enterprise Architecture (EA) standards, act as a consultant on J2EE webhosted projects and provide technical leadership on strategic J2EE projects.Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Designing andimplementing processes, or process improvements, to aid in deployment and support of applications.
- Designing and implementing processes, tooling and frameworks to aid in reducing Caterpillar’s exposure to Security related vulnerabilities.
- Participating in integrated testing and user acceptance of application or infrastructure components.
- Working with vendors on the integration of purchased application(s) and/or infrastructure. Communicating information to Caterpillar’s Java application hosting and development community. *
* Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, or an equivalent level of work experience. * Three to five years’experience in J2EE middleware administration; including experience with HIS, Apache, WebSphere and Tomcat containers. * Two to three years’experience with Linux server administration. *Competent in PERL and Jython scripting languages. *Desire and ability to learn new technologies, and apply them with an enterprise perspective. * Experience in management of small to medium complexity J2EE Middleware deployments and upgrades. *Excellent teamwork and communication skills, good organizational/planning, and be a self- starter. Desired Qualifications: * Limited experience in J2EE/Java application development. *General network knowledge (DNS, firewall, IP, etc.). *General knowledge of core middleware products (Databases, Message Queues, Service Oriented Architectures, etc.).