Title: VP Software Engineering
Location: Arlington, VA / Austin, TX / San Francisco, CA
· 10+ years of experience building and managing development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems and mobile and web experiences.
· 5+ years of experience of managing products, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners.
· 5+ years of experience managing and effectively operating a complex system that is highly reliable and scalable.
· 3+ years of experience with distributed systems domain experience, i.e., large-scale data processing / warehousing / analytics, large scale data / database replication, distributed system design, etc.
· Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering is required, Masters or PhD Highly Desired.
· Manages and leads several engineering/systems teams for an organization.
· Responsible for delivering and owning large-scale, cross company systems.
· Develops long-term strategies and influences leadership decisions.
· Deep understanding of how their functional systems interface with – and depend upon – systems throughout the company.
· Deep expertise and demonstrated experience.
· Leading teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud.
· Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
· As a software engineering leader in a rapidly growing environment, with the ability to lead and grow an engineering team in multiple locations.
· Delivering web applications/services.
· Successfully working with cloud-based infrastructure services.
· Leading development leveraging agile methodologies.
· Experience leading the implementation of infrastructure strategy, architecture, service delivery, standards and procedures for the enterprise. Familiarity with server and storage technologies and ability to integrate components into an efficient computing infrastructure.
· Software engineering chops - you value how code is written and enjoy teaching design patterns, OOP, etc.
· Experience with managing code repositories (Mercurial/Github), CI and release automation.
· Database knowledge (MySQL, Oracle), bonus points for Cassandra or other No SQL stores.
· Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class software engineers and be able to make the right design decisions and technology choices.
· 5+ years experience with full-stack development.
· 5+ years experience with open source technologies.
· 2+ years experience with Hadoop, Pig or other Map Reduce-based architectures.
· 7-10 years of related experience with large scale strategic planning.
· Scopes and manages the most strategic technical projects, with significant bottom-line impact.
· Experience designing fault-tolerant distributed systems.
· Experience with Cassandra, Redis, Memcached, MySQL, or Ruby on Rails.
· Contributions to the open-source community.
· Experience with AWS.
· Passion for education and language learning.
· Obsessive focus on the customer.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph # 203-567-0144.