Title: Management Consultant - Project Portfolio
Location: Los Angeles, CA / New York, NY / Chicago, IL
- The Management Consultant should expect 80% travel, typically Monday – Thursday, working from home or the office (if in proximity) on Fridays. Candidate may live anywhere in USA.
- *The ideal candidate has experience with established Management Consulting firms. No independent consultants please.
Our client is seeking talented Management Consultants. Working in a team environment, the individual in this role will plan, design, develop, and analyze plans for complex client problems.
The primary responsibilities of this role include gathering and coordinating project assessments from various groups within a client's organization; working with stakeholders to understand their business requirements and define project scope; and helping other team members define requirements and successfully track projects throughout their respective lifecycles.
You will be asked to provide value on Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management (EPM) process design and software configuration (all technology will be learned at client, extensive IT experience not required) , assisting our clients to identify business needs and focused solutions, and realize those solutions by implementing effective business processes.
You will join a rapidly growing organization with offices worldwide, and work with Fortune 500 customers to improve their business performance through the following best practice portfolio management, governance and strategic planning models.
The Management Consultant will:
- Create portfolios to identify new opportunities within an organization
- Select strategic portfolios based on organizational objectives and alignment
- Plan for optimal execution of the selected portfolios
- Manage and re-evaluate the portfolio to ensure and control alignment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience on the client facing sell side (no purchasing please)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering with 3-5 years of Management Consulting experience (MBA or Master's Degree candidates with less relevant work experience will also be considered)
- Experience at an established Management Consulting firm ie: Bain, McKinsey, PWC, Deloitte, Brattle, Accenture, Alvarez &Marsal, or similar smaller firms
- EPM domain knowledge and an understanding of broader technology and software design methodologies
- End-to-end project management, portfolio management or enterprise project/application portfolio management solutions experience
- Ability to clearly communicate business solutions and the value of those solutions to the client; both in written executive summary form and through platform presentations.
- Must show proficiency with management process re-design, project management methodologies and business requirement gathering techniques implementation, configuration, and administration
The ideal candidate also has the ability to:
- Lead and deliver client engagements that identify, design and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies
- Can lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Project Server
- Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement
- Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
- Significant client impact and results from those engagements.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or Ph # 203-567-0144.