Summary: The main function of a Analyst/Developer is to develop, modify, and implement computer applications software changes including integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions. Job Responsibilities:
- Design, code, test, and debug programs of varying levels of complexity.
- Analyze user requests and software requirements for feasibility of design and potential impact while cognizant of time and cost constraints.
- Assist less senior staff with logic problems and interpretation of specifications.
- Work with vendors on integration of purchased application solutions.
- Application problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time as well as well as being a collaborative team member.
- Fully knowledgeable of related infrastructure components and/or operating environment.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Proficiency in a computer software application or programming language specifically identified in the assignment requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training required. Minimum 3 years’ professional experience required.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training -Minimum 3 years professional experience
C#.NET (minimum 3 years experience)
Cold Fusion (at least 1 year)
Oracle PLSQL programming language (minimum 5 years),
Perl scripting, and database designs and concepts. individual will be a member of the Lafayette Applications Development Team.
The team develops and supports applications (e.g. Common Test Engine System, Generator Test, Test Cell Performance, etc.) for multiple Caterpillar engines facilities.
The team member will work closely with process partners to design, construct, test, and implement robust solutions following Caterpillar software development standards.
Excellent customer relationship skills and proven results in a fast paced and demanding environment are required.
Required Skills: C#.NET (minimum 3 years experience), Cold Fusion (minimum 3 years), Oracle PLSQL programming language (minimum 5 years), Perl scripting, and database designs and concepts.
Highly Desired Skills: Object Oriented design and coding, Visual Studio 2010, TOAD, Source Code Control Management (e.g., MKS Integrity), project management, and manufacturing or engineering industry experience.
Provider agrees and understands that during the course of providing Services, Provider shall under the terms of this Agreement:
1. Ensure that all personnel engaged by the Provider to provide Services to Caterpillar are either:
(i) not restricted or prohibited under the U.S. export laws, or
(ii) properly authorized by the U.S. government, to access Caterpillar products, software or technology, including technical data, with U.S. export classifications of “AT” or “EAR99”, prior to commencing work under this Agreement and for the duration of such personnel’s work with Caterpillar, or Caterpillar’s products, services or technology.
2. Not make, cause, or facilitate any release, export, re-export, deemed export, dissemination, distribution, or other form of transfer, directly or indirectly (collectively, “Exports”), of any product, software or technology, including technical data, to any location, party, or person (including but not limited to employees, contractors, consultants, temporary employees engaged through third parties, distributors, agents, or other third parties), or for any use restricted or prohibited under U.S. export laws, without first obtaining the necessary authorization or approvals for such Exports.
3. In cases where U.S. government authorization, approval, reporting, or submission is required by Law, Provider will be responsible for preparing the necessary submission and reports at the Provider’s cost and expense. Provider will provide to Caterpillar a copy of:
(i) all documents submitted to, and
(ii) all responses, authorizations, or approvals obtained from the U.S. government to comply with U.S. export laws relating to the Services provided to Caterpillar under this Agreement
4. Provider will notify Caterpillar at the following email address, prior to commencing work and during the course of providing Services under the terms of this Agreement, and include copies of any documents described above in Paragraph 3, as are necessary for compliance with U.S. export laws and Caterpillar’s compliance program policies and procedures.
5. Promptly notify Caterpillar of any known or suspected breaches of Provider’s obligations as described
Skill/Role Level Years Preference
C#.NET Guru 3.0 Required
PERL SCRIPTS Intermediate 2.0 Required
Database Design Intermediate 3.0 Required
SLDC (Software Development Life Cycle) Guru 3.0 Required
PL/SQL Guru 5.0 Required
Oracle Guru 3.0 Required