Junior: Skills equivalent to 1-2 years in comparable position.
Perform UNIX systems administration on production and/or development servers. Solaris or AIX, UNIX utilities, UNIX scripting, understanding of hardware.
Under general supervision, this position is the first point of contact for our internal customers and assists with monitoring enterprise wide alerts, as well as performing work within ITO's incident, problem, and change queues and providing initial triage on events.
1. First point of contact for our internal customers, via phone calls, ticketing, and email. Must exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills, as this role has regular interactions with various support groups and end-users.
2. Fulfill assigned roles such as alert monitoring, transcribing events, paging out to business partners, and participating in service recovery events.
3. Focus on service restoration of incidents, while also escalating to the appropriate team(s) as needed.
4. Completes work assignments based on departmental priorities and system criticality, under general supervision of more experienced administrators.
5. Create change tickets for routine accelerated hardware replacements on servers. Execute change tickets with assistance.
6. Maintains and increases technical knowledge by attending training activities and establishing personal networks.
7. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.