Title: Director of Software Engineering
Location: Reston, VA
Type: Permanent position
Position Summary:The Director of Software Engineering (SWE) is critical to helping develop and deliver on this mission. The Director of SWE has the technical capabilities and experience to go deep in the software and code, provide leadership to major technical projects and manage a team of engineers.
Additionally, the Director of SWE will help guide Client’s product strategy and work closely with the company’s top management.
The Director of SWE’s projects will span the entire product portfolio and involve server-side, firmware, client and app based applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the software engineering development of next generation collaboration products working as a key member of a cross-functional team.
• Manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Work with Product Management and Hardware Engineering to define and evaluate the software engineering solution options to meet each product’s requirements
• Evaluate the software engineering trade space and recommend engineering solution options based on business (e.g., feature set, costs) and engineering (e.g., feasibility, timeline) constraints.
• Design and develop software engineering solutions from overall architecture to detailed subcomponents including writing code.
• Manage multiple partner relationships with OEM software engineering teams
• Support quality, compliance, and customer service teams with engineering needs (e.g., debugging, testing)
• Adhere to and contribute to Client’s quality policy and quality management systems in all aspects of the job duties and role
• Knowledge of PC and server operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS and Unix/Linux
• Knowledge of mobile app OS environments, including, iOS, Android.
• Excellent coding skills in multiple languages, including Java, C++, Objective C, Python, etc.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
• 8 years of relevant work experience including hands-on technical management experience
• Background in audio/video software technologies
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
• 10 - 12 years of relevant work experience, including 6 years of industry experience
Should need more information I can be reached atSAI @mitresource.com or Ph # 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time.