Candidates who are eligible to work for Full time Permanent roles should apply
Title: Director of Data Science
Location: New York, NY
Type: Direct Hire
This is a key position that will lead, manage and grow a small team of data scientists and engineers. Candidate will work with all stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage our vast amount of on-line user behavioral data. The position requires deep analytic skills along with the ability to translate complex models into working production code. Candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrive on challenges and have superior communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- PhD in Computer science, Statistics, Operations Research or related field is preferred. Or MS with 4+ years experience direct data science experience.
- Ability to design and develop complex algorithms, mathematical models and contribute to our code base.
- Must have solid background in operations research, data science, statistical modeling or machine learning.
- Knowledge/exposure to large scale data processing and storage with tools such as Hadoop, Storm, Hive, Redis, Nutch and Lucene.
- Experience with building, deploying and scaling reliable real-time algorithms for on-line ad optimization systems is a plus.
- Hands on experience working with Java or C++ is highly preferred.
- The Director of Data Science will be reporting directly to the VP, Development.
- Lead the team to design, develop and create complex algorithms for real-time bidding in display advertising.
- Attract, hire, manage, and mentor junior data science talent.
- Collaborate with data architecture to ensure we are collecting and disseminating appropriate data to support the data science mission.
- Manage and collaborate with the team to deploy computationally complex algorithms into a production environment including monitoring and performance tuning.
- Partner closely with Product to ensure optimal and timely injection of data science work into our offering.
- Innovate in such areas as on-line ad fraud detection, audience segment creation and dynamic creative advertising.
Should need more information I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph # 203-567-0144Thank you for your time.