|The Systems Administrator – Legal DMS position will be part of the Business Systems and Solutions Legal IT support team. This position will be the primary contact regarding the usability, features and support of the Legal Division’s document management system, Autonomy (Interwoven/iManage) WorkSite.|
Key responsibilities include: designing, engineering, and supporting activities associated with the DMS in cooperation with other Legal or IT personnel, and supporting the document requirements of global Legal department practice areas. Additional responsibilities include matter-centric workspace configuration, design and setup of web-based collaboration spaces, SQL table manipulation, and 2nd/3rd level user support. The DMS Practice Support Specialist will also provide subject matter expertise on document management.
The Systems Administrator:
- Supports Legal Operations, attorneys, paralegals and support staff as needed in the effective utilization of the document management system.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in Matter-centric design and the iManage WorkSite DMS applications (DeskSite, FileSite, WorkSite Web, FileShare, offsite).
- Coordinates the implementation and support of the DMS application with the appropriate domestic and international personnel in Information Technology Organizations (ITOs).
- Design and configure workflows, folder structures, or other collaboration spaces. Provides system performance optimization, maintenance and production support
- Perform user and system administration utilizing DocAuto and other toolsets.
- Continually improve knowledge of industry trends and drive use of best practices related to document management and matter-centric workspace process.
- Assist in identifying and assessing short-term and long-term IT and business support needs related to Legal document management.
- Perform necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine project feasibility including ROI/TCO analysis.
- Participate in the development of recommendations and proposals for the delivery of future DMS projects.
The successful candidate will:
- Works directly with clients to apply IT and business knowledge with experience to formulate IT solutions for business problems
- Devise standard system procedures, participate in system testing, prepare program test data, test and debug programs.
- Provide direct application support to business end-users and support data interface processes.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs, and assist in the development of related project proposals.
- Gather and document user and functional requirements, develop and execute test scripts.
- Comply with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Coordinate system support with other IT support organizations (i.e., infrastructure, other applications) and with external partners
- Possess strong written and verbal communication, analytical and interpersonal skills; able to communicate, facilitate, prioritize, escalate, and resolve issues.
- Communicate with coworkers effectively, and lend to a positive attitude in the workplace.
- Proven strong customer service skills; Able to successfully balance support responsibilities for multiple systems/business clients.
- Be highly organized, analytical, detail-oriented and flexible as business priorities change.
|The following experience is required:|
- 4-6 years of overall IT experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Legal Document Management Systems and best practices of matter-centric design, specifically involving Interwoven iManage DMS. ICSE certification preferred.
- Experience and understanding of SQL, database architecture, and DMS integration with Lotus Notes and/or MS Exchange
- Experience with DMS administrative tools, such as DocAuto
- Strong knowledge of scripting language and automation of tasks through scripting language
- Experience with full Software Development Lifecycle delivery, including requirements gathering, functional/use case design & documentation is required.
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Legal billing applications (such as Bridgeway’s eCounsel suite)
- Application data integration tools (such as IntApp)
- Microsoft Active Directory/Group Policy and application deployment software architecture
- Experience in a new deployment of Interwoven/iManage WorkSite DMS
- Business Objects and/or Crystal Reports
Successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work in a fast paced team environment with strong attention to detail and quality results. Outstanding analytical, troubleshooting, written & verbal communication skills are essential; must be independent, driven to deliver and customer service oriented.