|Our client is seeking a Junior Level Accountant in this role the ideal candidate: |
The ideal candidate may manage general accounting functions or specific functions, such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cost Accounting, etc.
- Performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation and analysis of financial data. May include any or all of the following: ledgers and preparation of journal entries; fixed asset or inventory accounting; preparation of trial balance or financial statements; cost accounting; bank account reconciliation and other related areas.
- Performs general or cost accounting activities requiring some insight into the 'why' as well as the 'how'.
- Develops internal reports as required. Analyzes trends in plant overhead and sales/gross profit.
- Prepares balance sheet analysis.
- Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
- Specifics of job content will vary from preparing journal entries, checking supporting entries, to carrying out well-defined steps in cost accounting.
- Coordinates timely completion of month-end closing.
May be responsible for one or more accounting functions.
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with its employees.
- Manages general accounting functions and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances, and other financial results.
- Formulates and administers approved accounting practices throughout the organization to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations.
- Plans, schedules, work within the established accounting policies of the organization.
- Monitors records of amounts owed and ensures prompt payment of invoices featuring discounts advantageous to the organization.
- Monitors accounts receivable processes, calculations and records, including cash receipts, claims, overdue invoices, interest charges, refunds, and related items.
- Plans and directs the implementation of cost control methods and cost accounting activities.
- Directs and interprets cost audits.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 Years of Experience in related professional experience
- Position may require commuting to another branch but expenses will be covered to compensate.