Job Title : Application Support EngineerLocation : Center City, PADuration : 12+ MonthsInterview Type : Phone + F2F Responsibilities
- Analyze and respond to production issues in a timely manner
- Ability to analyze issues, seek and diagnose relevant data in order to generalize alternative solutions in order to determine the best solution
- Identifying monitoring strategies and approaches that can be automated and executed to gauge the health of the system
- Identifying performance measurement strategies to ensure SLAs are being met
- Implement the approaches identified on an ongoing basis
- Identifying issues and bottlenecks and fixing them
- Responding to customer issues that are escalated to the support team and resolving the issues.
- Provide feedback to developers and QA team members to improve the supportability of the services.
- Must be willing to support on-call rotation and deployment activities
- Update and document issues on Team Wiki for future reference.
- Work with back end development for Root Cause analysis for issues that may the result of bugs.
- Explain events to business analyst when questions concerning RCA are raised.
- Perform Log analysis and perform root cause analysis of production issues.
- Reporting on performance and application stats.
The person needs to have Linux experience and some experience with Python to really be successful at this job.
Tier 2 production/application support- Working directly with the developers Skills needed:
- Route cause analysis
- Linux and Python experience
- Splunk is a nice to have
- Must have strong communication skills
8-10 years of hands on production support experience
Possess an advanced and thorough understanding of application development concepts, including database concept structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques
Demonstrated customer support mindset & mannerism
- Must understand the flows of request and responses for web apps and how this is represented later downstream in batch.
Thanks & RegardsJames
- Experience with Linux Operating System basics – vi editor, scripting
- Strong scripting expertise – Shell Scripting, Python, Perl or Ruby.
- Thorough understanding of Unix to look for logs and figure out issues.
- Ability to Check logs for stuck threads, and bounce managed instances when needed
- Ability to check queue managers running service bus to see & act on status MQ Series queue managers.
- Experience in SPLUNK is nice to have.
- Experience with Virtual machines
- Good problem analysis skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills: verbal, written and listening
- Familiarity with HTTP and TCP/IP protocols.
- Familiarity with Restful web services.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Databases and Object oriented programming.
- Good understanding of Errors and Exceptions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with MOM (Message oriented Middleware).
- Ability to accept, learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
|Talent Acquisition - Manager | V.L.S Systems Inc.
Address: 4080 Lafayette Center Drive, Suite 300 | Chantilly | VA 20151
Work : 703-953-3118 Ext. 1345 Fax (703) 953-3881 | www.vls-systems.com
| firstname.lastname@example.org Microsoft Gold Certified Partner | SAP Member-Extended Business Program | Cognos Certified Partner | IBM Certified Partner | Oracle Gold Certified Partner
2008 to 2014 Honoree: Inc 5000
fastest growing companies A SEI CMMi Level 3 Company