Role: Wed Developer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: Long term
You will build and maintain features and tools for the Client’s website and related projects to support sales
- B.S. or higher studies in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- Mastery of web standards and cross-browser compatibility.
- Fundamental web technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, and JSON) are second nature.
- DOM manipulation and AJAX-enabled UIs are easy and standard operating procedure.
- Firebug, Developer Tools, or similar ways of debugging are like a best friend.
- Ability to speak in objects and prototypes just as easily as functions and operators.
- Ready to dive in on the server-side if needed — primarily PHP (knowing some Python is a plus).
- Perfectly happy in an open-source LAMP development environment, and not afraid of Terminal, SSH, and Bash.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum, etc).
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- A solid functional understanding of Coffeescript a huge plus.
- Experience with Node.js a plus.
- Experience with Drupal a huge plus.
- Experience with MySQL a plus.