1). 6+ years in an enterprise Linux environment (prefer 100+ servers)
2). Application engineering in Java: install, tune, monitor, matrix and problem solve.
3). Automation in Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby
4). Middleware: Apache Tomcat
5). Cloud experience - VMware or Open stack (knowledge of cloud services)
6). Puppet is a nice to have.
The Residential Email team is gearing up for a merger with TWC. They have project work specific to expanding their current infrastructure for capacity to allow subscriber growth and network integration. The will be building a new front end, replacing the backend and revamp the software stack.
The Linux Application Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining a large infrastructure used to storing Comcast's residential customers email messages.
- Expertise in configuring/managing Linux systems (RHEL)
- Proven experience scripting to automate tasks using a common scripting language (Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Expert is troubleshooting network, server and application issues
- Understanding of email technology
- Experience setting up and maintaining connections to storage components
- Worked with Apache Tomcat middleware
- Experience in installing, configuring and maintain Java and other web technologies
- Knowledgeable with storage infrastructure (HP and 3Par)
- VMware, Openstack are a plus (knowledge of cloud services)
- Data Center automation is a plus (Puppet)
- Provide capacity analysis and forecasting of components including space on a disk and performance requirements.
- Perform application software installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Configuring the application and any supporting services required such as GSLB, load balancer, and any other devices.
- Perform systems and network troubleshooting and problem resolution activities with other support teams (network support, NOC, vendors).
- Produce root cause analysis findings that focus on recommendations to learn from and avoid problem recurrence.
- Proactively identify and automate repetitive tasks
- Build and analyze metics data to conduct performance analysis, capacity planning and reliability testing
- Write, maintain, deploy complex host configuration and alerting scripts
- Tuning an application for best performance or providing recommendations for related code changes