Business AnalystClient: BirlaSoft Location Purchase, NYDuration 6 month and extendableStart: ASAPRate Max $45/Hr. c2c max Job Summary
The Business Analyst will interpret and analyze data and transform it into information for all business areas to support decision making. Responsibilities span the full lifecycle activities including requirements analysis and design, development of analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuous monitoring of performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. Responsibilities:
- Perform Business Analysis for end user report requests using SQL, and/or other reporting tools
- Working with end users to determine requirements for reporting and data mining requests, the development and the delivery of both adhoc/recurring reports.
- Collaborate with Information Architecture and Business Analysis teams in formulation of requirements for reports across all product lines
- Develop appropriate report requirements documentation in line with SDLC framework including Functional Requirements, mappings, and test plans
- Support day to day production inquiries and questions from other technology groups.
- Assist with the end to end project management of reporting development projects within the team.
- Establish strong working relationships with team members and across the business as appropriate.
- Handle individual workload and deliver upon project milestones on time and on budget.
- Coordinate project tasks and timelines for data development within the team.
- BS in Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- The ideal candidate is a professional with 5-7 years of background as a business analyst.
- Must have some experience in property and casualty insurance or in the financial services industry and possess excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have experience working with large SQL databases.
- Adept at writing SQL queries, analyzing the results and presenting findings
- Background in analysis and documentation of financial data.
- Experience in data warehousing including reading and understanding ERDs
- Strong understanding of Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment for resolution of issues.
- Strong knowledge of relevant technology toolsets relative to report analysis and documentation and reporting tools such as Cognos, or other data reporting/data mining tools.
Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) a plus but not required