As a Senior Business Analyst, the candidate will play a critical role with supporting the firms’ strategic Transaction Monitoring solution. Key Responsibilities:
Acquire knowledge and develop deep expertise of current data interface specifications, Client source system providers, Functional Specification Documents (including data derivation logic), and AML Transaction Monitoring requirements for the Oracle Mantas solution
- Contribute to the development of new/updates to the data interface specifications, the Functional Specification document and other Business Analyst-authored deliverables
- Acquire knowledge of and contribute to analysis activities related to transaction monitoring scenarios (including thresholds and scoring models), legacy systems and overlap with the new strategic transaction monitoring solution, and regional regulatory requirements that may impact the deployment approach of the technical solution.
- Create, run, and modify SQL queries to pull data from identified source databases for data analysis and mapping activities as needed
- Perform research and create documentation on data dependencies and integration points between identified source systems and target platforms
- Facilitate requirements elicitation and verification sessions with multiple lines of business (LOBs) and technical teams
- Complete source to target mapping deliverables
- Actively participate in Integration System Testing (IST) to ensure that data defined in the requirements is sourced correctly and flowing to the strategic transaction monitoring platform from the source. Log defects into HP Quality Center / ALM.
- Determine if defects are valid and also assess their impact on business operations such as the ability of the transaction monitoring system to ingest the data and perform monitoring
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including the review of UAT results with the AML Compliance business team
- Provide problem-solving and analysis for the business as it relates to data issues or questions, such as derivation logic
- Understand and summarize client requirements, translating into technical options and solutions that meet end user business needs
- 7+ years business analysis experience with the ability to lead medium scale projects or specific bodies of work
- 3+ years of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Experience or 3+ years of hands-on experience with and expert level knowledge in one or more specific banking transaction and customer data sets, e.g., Retail, Wires, Payments, DDA, etc.
- Experience performing detailed data analysis and conducting target to source data mapping activities
- Experience working on Data Warehousing or interface modification projects
- Ability to create, run, and modify SQL queries to pull data from source databases for data analysis and mapping activities
- Experience in all phases of systems development life cycle; strong capabilities in defining, creating and managing high quality business requirements; experience with developing Test Plans and other SDLC deliverables
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (including with Pivot tables, filters, and formatting)