Background and Requirements:
This position is in Pittsburgh, PA: Senior Level( detailed below):
- Experience with SAS Credit Scoring for Banking Solution is a major plus.
- Risk Financial Services experience (Portfolio, Credit, Capital Markets).
- 8+ years’ experience designing and developing highly efficient, performance optimized SAS code processing high volumes of data.
- Strong Data Warehousing experience
- Proven Data Modeling experience
- SAS DI Studio experience
- SAS EBI experience
- Unix experience is required.
The Consultant must be an excellent communicator (both spoken and written forms) and be able to effectively foster interactive collaboration and discussions among the client’s team. Also, the Consultant must be able to present analysis and conclusions in a logical and clear manner, and must be able to effectively work as part of a team.
The Customer requires a Senior Base SAS programmer with strong Data Warehousing experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, with hands-on, proven experience with SAS programming to maintain and develop advanced SAS coding techniques to write maximum efficient and performance optimized code.
Services may include focus on and require the Consultant to:
- Apply and demonstrate expertise with efficient DATA step, SQL programming, SAS Macro programming and SAS Array processing.
- Must have project experience with implementing advanced SAS coding techniques to optimize performance and have developed best practices for efficient coding due to constraints of hardware storage and memory.
- Must have project experience with sophisticated Base SAS development for performance enhancement and advanced SAS Dataset storage best practices.
- Project experience with moving and maintaining data and code from different development environments (development to test to production).
- Project experience with efficiently handling and managing massive volumes of data (large SAS Datasets with upwards of tens of millions of records and/or terabytes of data storage).
The Consultant must be an excellent communicator (both spoken and written forms) and be
- Must have proven data modeling and data architecting expertise.
- Unix operating system experience is required with shell scripting experience.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Lead and/or actively participate in SAS knowledge-sharing activities.
- Must be able to read, and understand existing coding and processing to troubleshoot and resolved issues as they arise.
Demonstrate the ability to work with little direct supervision; Excellent troubleshooting skills; Imaginative, inquisitive, with a self-motivating personality and a strong work ethic; Customer focused demeanor.