Solutions Architect 3
Microsoft Team Foundation Server Administrator: TFS Administrator is responsible for providing administrator support for Team Foundation Server 2013 and drive adoption of TFS and modern development practices across project teams.Individual must be self-motivated with very strong logic and problem solving skills to drive change and adoption of the tool in alignment with VDOT Project Management processes . Responsibilities the TFS Administrator will include total TFS Server and software management including installation, configuration, patching, backup and recovery; process template editing and customization, custom TFS report creation as required, build management and deployment support, and branch management and source control. In addition, this person will support the administration of the Microsoft Project Server environment.
Essential Duties include:
• Train users and project administrators on TFS team projects and processes
• Setup TFS collections, team projects, users and security
• Manage TFS code repository. Maintain and improve practices of branching, code merge, etc.
• Setup and manage TFS users through security groups.
• Develop and maintain Process Template and Build Process Template
• Ability to troubleshoot compile and build failures, and facilitate resolution
• Understand and assist in release of software components into QA, Staging and Production environments
• Establish process control points and configure TFS reporting suite to custom needs of the development team
• Improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the continuous integration environment, automating wherever possible
• Assist with planning/maintenance of development, integration and testing environments
• Produce build-related documentation including diagrams of the build process and development environments
• Production Monitoring - Experience monitoring production environments for performance and operational issues.
• Development of process documentation to support standardization and maturity around the use of tools in alignment with software lifecycle and project management lifecycle maturity.
• Build Definitions - Experience creating, customizing, and scheduling multiple build definitions for multiple teams.
• Build Agents – Experience architecting and implementing build controller and agent strategies.
• Source Code - Experience branching and merging shared source code for multiple concurrent development projects.
• Product Packaging – Experience creating deploy packages for staging and production deployments.
• Reporting – Experience in creating and supporting custom reports from the TFS data warehouse.
• Collaboration – Experience collaborating with all IT staff to explain and train on key activities.
• Manage/coordinate new releases, patches and updates
• Understand and assist with Administration and management of the Visual Studio Team Foundation Server platform, including SQL Server and SharePoint Server