Position : NOC / NETWORK ENGINEER (US/ GC)
Location: Irvine, CA
Duration: 12+ months
Candidate will be in an operational support group troubleshooting an enterprise network and needs a high degree of technical and analytical skills. Candidate will be responsible for operational tasks supporting high availability, rapid recovery, and restoration of a large and complex network environment. Candidate will proactively monitor and manage all production network systems to maximize system availability. Candidate will need to be proficient in Cisco network WAN/LAN troubleshooting. Candidate will ensure trouble resolution while providing quality customer service. 24/7 Network Operations Center.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems and 3 to 5 years of I.T. experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- CCNA, CCNP certification.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills and strong business practices.
- Excellent knowledge of networks and services, this includes WAN/LAN/Content Data Networking/Firewall/WIFI/VPN/DNS.
- Understanding/knowledge of security principles.
- Strong knowledge of network support methodologies, tools, best practices, and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities; solid organizational skills (and the ability to multi-task).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with careful attention to:
1. Step-by-step documentation of the issue, root cause, and resolution steps.
2. Continual communication to management of trouble resolution steps and issue resolution progress.
3. Thorough follow-up and summary on closed issues.
- PC and desktop application competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, Explorer, email, etc).