Role: Sr. Java Security Engineer
Location: San Mateo, CA
Duration: 9 months CTH (OR) Fulltime
- Besides, the responsibilities below, the person is responsible for helping define Services, API, interfaces standards and creating governance around it.
- Coach team members cross-functionally on Security
- Write software code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices that will meet development and support requirements.
- Create design components, develop code and test changes utilizing test driven development.
- Write automated test cases to test your code.
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, regression testing, automated builds, and source control.
- Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
- Become knowledgeable of Visa’s core technology, infrastructure and standards
- Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects to existing software.
- Participate as a team member in Agile teams and work with the product owner to review user stories, estimate and create sprint backlogs, participate in sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives.
- Interface with other groups to develop and implement solutions.
- Support and maintain web, REST and SOA based applications from Security point of view
- Participate in the development and implementation phases of projects to integrate regional applications into global platforms.
- Conduct peer code reviews with team members and third party vendors.
- Review implementation plans and participate and even be able to manage product installations.
- Validate successful introduction of newly deployed products and feature sets to the market.
- Write and maintain Security architecture and design documentation
- - Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; Typically requires 8+ years of experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable product
- CISSP or equivalent preferred
- 1+ years in Security focused coding
- 2-3 years’ experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development.
- 5 plus years demonstrated experience with n-tier web application development and experience in latest JDK and earlier releases. Must be able to articulate experience with many of the major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, EJB, RMI, JAX, etc.); J2EE certification a Plus
- Experience with Spring Framework and Hibernate
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY).
- Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and Databases (Primarily Tomcat and Oracle)
- Experience integrating with asynchronous messaging systems such as MQ Series..
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Experience with light-weight and/or Agile development methodologies, and with the realities of commercial software engineering.
- Ability to understand systems from the enterprise-level view to the code.