Overall Purpose: Responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software.
· Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
· Coordinates design and integration of total system including subsystems.
· Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems. Job Contribution: Seasoned technical professional. Contributes through proven technical expertise. Has significant dept/functional impact.
· Knowledge Subject Matter Expert (SME) within own discipline/specialty area; basic knowledge of other disciplines/specialty areas.
· Deep technical knowledge. Applies in depth knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards/processes.
· Integrates industry experience and deep professional/technical knowledge.
· Technical leader and recognized SME expert on select ATT technologies/systems/procedures.
· Contribution to ATT Technology Key contributor on complex projects/initiatives.
· Impacts current and future business opportunities through application of specialized technical/ industry knowledge. Develops methods/techniques based on strategic project objectives.
· Communication Mentors and provides technical guidance and explains advanced concepts to others in work area. May mentor others in department.
· Coordinates across multiple departments.
· Promotes active listening and open communication.
· Provides leadership/guidance to others.
· 5-8 years related technical architect experience.
· Proficient in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP Network Address Management, Performance Management).
· Knowledge of data center infrastructure (including blade center design, data warehouse design, Ebusiness/web hosting design, etc.)
· Proficient in data communications protocols (TCP/IP, v4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, GMPLS, etc.)
· Proficient in home and premise networking architectures, assessment and modeling.
· Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
· Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Deliver Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
· Knowledge in voice, video, and app technologies (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.).
· Understands wireless technologies standards and protocols (3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, antennas, amplifiers, base stations, propagation, interference, spectrum)