Role: Linux/Unix Scripting AdministratorLocation: Atlanta, GA 30328Duration: Long TermContract to hire || High preference for candidates local to Atlanta
This is Bala from Systel inc.
I hope you all are doing good…
Pls. check the Below requirements, If you are comfortable pls. mail me at email@example.com
or reach me at 678-250-9836
Must have : virtualization technologies - KVM – Perl, shell scripting, troubleshooting.Client: GENPACTSUMMARY OF POSITION:
This role provides LINUX/UNIX Systems Administration, Application Management and support for the Residential and Commercial e-mail messaging platforms at Customer. The applicant should have experience on large-scale platforms serving customers numbering in the hundreds of thousands along with experience on both Solaris and Linux operating systems and their corresponding hardware platforms. The applicant should also have experience with high-performance storage systems and carrier-grade best practices. The desired applicant will also have experience dealing with non-technical business owners and customers and implementing business initiatives per documented requirements. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a proactive and creative approach to administration with an eye on improving efficiency, security, and performance of Customer’s messaging platform.
- Troubleshooting and tuning of applications, operating system and hardware for optimal performance and customer experience.
- Improve/Maintain disaster readiness and high availability for critical LINUX/UNIX systems.
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed applications and tools.
- Test proposed software and hardware implementations in lab environments with an eye on improving implementations and test plans.
- Provide timely and effective communication on issues to managers and counterparts.
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes, monitoring and best practices for new and existing servers and services.
- Develop/update complex PERL programs and shell scripts used in reporting, application support and application management.
- Troubleshoot daily issues impacting customer e-mail including mail routing, blacklists, spam filters and misconfiguration.
Warm Regards, Bala B.________________Resourcing SpecialistSYSTEL INC
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a LINUX/UNIX administrator in a large enterprise, ISP or carrier-class environment with a demonstrated technical competence in Linux/Solaris system administration and hardware troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting SMTP, DNS, TCP networking and routing issues.
- Must understand anti-abuse/anti-spam principles and best practices for large-scale ISPs.
- Must have or desire to improve experience with shell scripting and PERL programs interfacing with Oracle databases and LDAP servers across the network platform.
- Experienced in managing Java-based application servers in support of large-scale, web-based environments.
- Must be willing to share duties in an on-call rotation and perform customer support directly to some customers on escalated issues.
- Must be a strong “self-starter” that can think and work independently, seek out new sources of information, develop new skills, take responsibility for testing and championing new ideas while remaining a cooperative, communicative, collegial, and helpful member of our operation’s team.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- College degree desired, with preference for Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science.
| Atlanta, GA A Certified (MBE) Minority Business EnterpriseDirect: 678-250-9836Email