Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Location: Galloway Township, NJ
Type: Permanent Position
We are currently looking for a talented technical writer to join our documentation efforts. You'll write and edit Linux software documentation, keep our customers and industry standards in mind as you help our content evolve, and join our small team of writers as a peer and mutual editor.
You should have experience writing and editing software documentation, working with subject matter experts, researching new topics from scratch, improving a large collection of existing documentation, coordinating with a team of writers, and matching company style guidelines and writing procedures. You should also have significant prior experience with, and knowledge of, Linux.
Candidates must be available to work full-time at Linode headquarters in Galloway, NJ. Relocation assistance is available.
Work With Us
• Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
• Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health and dental insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
• Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc
• A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
• Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
• Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
• Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
• Write and edit new and existing guides, procedures, and other materials
• Edit and proofread documentation created by other writers and subject matter experts in a mutual editing environment
• Contribute to plans for creating new guides and editing existing documentation
• Coordinate with other writers to ensure that projects are completed on schedule
• Contribute to and maintain style guidelines and standards
• Write website copy and product descriptions
• Contribute to interviews, marketing materials, and press release materials
• Engage in higher-level planning for comprehensive customer knowledge and engagement efforts
• BA/BS in Technical Communications, English, Computer Science, or equivalent subject
• 2+ years of technical writing experience
• Outstanding deep editing and proofreading skills
• Substantial experience with Linux and major packages such as Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Perl, etc.
• Nice to have: Experience with GitHub or another version control system; experience with Markdown or a similar language such as RST or wiki markup
Should need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or Ph # 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time