Position : C++ Developer with Unix platform
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Duration: 12+ months
The candidate will be responsible for software design, coding, unit test and documentation in support of a migration of advanced telephony applications and call routing software from the VMS operating system to Linux. Development work will require advanced knowledge of the Linux kernel, pthreads/concurrent programming, process synchronization and communications programming. Tasks will include development of a high performance/transaction in-memory call processing database and various multi-threaded communications modules.
Minimum required skills/experience:
- 7 years experience with Linux systems development utilizing C/C++.
- 5 years developing concurrent multi-threaded (pthreads) applications.
- 2 years advanced Linux kernel programming, including memory management.
- Linux scripting with ksh and Python
- Background in systems programming including automated failure handling and recovery, high performance (near real-time) systems
Advanced Linux network programming in the following areas:
* TCP/IP and UDP Configuration
* Communications programming (TCP, UDP)
* SSL development (multi-link, full duplex, client/server/peer)
- Linux Inter-Process Communications (shared memory, semaphore, mailbox, FIFO)
- Experience in developing high-reliability applications in a mission critical environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Experience in porting UNIX code to/from non-UNIX operating systems.
- Experience with HP systems services (ASTs, locking, etc.)