Summary of Job:
The ideal BA candidate will meet with business customers, define process flows of the business operations, gather business requirements, develop business documentation, system test, support QA testing. Understanding of JAD process it is expected that the BA will be able to include approaches for enhancing user participation, expediting development, and improving the quality of specifications.
Act as a liaison between customer and technical solutions/support groups to identify business process, and design solutions to businessproblems.
The candidate will analyze business and user needs, and document specifications to meet those needs, identify data collection strategiesto expand and populate various system.
Conduct user testing to ensure proper functionality prior to implementation. As a senior level Business Analyst, this person will be asked to perform some mentoring for other Business Analysts on the team.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Gathers and documents the detailed business requirements in form of a traceable, testable and verifiable format
2. Applies use cases to fully ascertain the functionality of the system changes
3. Evaluates existing data and systems in terms of their ability to support strategy and business operations
4. Document each type of data system with use cases so that keybusiness processes and be supported and performance measures can be established
5. Provides a roadmap for implementation of future state
6. Identifies opportunities for integration points with other enterprise systems
7. Provide during JAD sessions detailed agendas in order to guarantee that all uncertainties between parties are covered and to help prevent any miscommunications.
8. During the JAD sessions identification of project objectives, limitations, deliverables and the critical success factors must be established. This includes preparing any workshop materials, exercises and activities.
9. Develop and execute system test plans
10. Define workflow for all assigned projects
11. Develops specifications for dashboards and reports as defined by the business sponsors
12. Develops data requirements and Data Dictionaries
13. Works closely with Data Base Reporting to identify data sharing anddata delivery methods and tools
14. Work closely with all IT Managers involved with the project
15. Works closely with the business users in identifying business rules to aid in the functional specifications of tasks
16. Exposure to Business Requirements modeling techniquesincluding Unified Modeling Language (UML), ) and service modeling
17. Knowledge of integrated business process modeling for operations procedures, including process improvements and efficiencies
18. Works closely with the IT Management to prioritize and coordinate individual project tasks and assess time sensitive constraints on development tasks
19. Develop reports to communicate schedules, issues, risks and project changes to project stakeholders and project manager
20. Provide the necessary documentation in a project - i.e. statement of work, business requirements, use cases, functional specifications, datarequirements and documentation for business training materials
21. Possesses strong knowledge of the business and applications that support them
22. Provides mentoring to other business analysts
23. Attends to other tasks as assigned by Manager