EDI consultant with Informatica B2B.El Segundo, CAFull Time Permanent HIRERATE: DOE JOB REQUIREMENTS
Skills: Informatica B2B, EDI Analysis, EDI file processing, file transfer protocols, Client Interface, Database, Testing EDI interfaces, Documentation skills, Claims Processing
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or the equivalent combination of work experience and technical training
- 7+ years progressively responsible experience in a technical development and/or production or applications support role
- At least 5 years’ experience with EDI or similar file transfer protocols.
- Experience with Informatica B2B skills is necessary, including DT,DX and MFT
- Solid understanding of Healthcare claims processing
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in a technical implementation capacity
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of HIPAA EDI protocols
- Indepth understanding of x12 specifications
- Ability to juggle multiple requests at once
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, Unix/Linux
- Understanding of internet applications and networks desired
- Knowledge of Healthcare Business Systems desired
- Experience managing customer and/or vendor relationships desired
- Mentoring experience desired
- Technical writing experience desired
- Ability to think creatively desired
- Able to work in an environment of changing priorities
This is a client interfacing technical role. This person is responsible for the technical solution and support of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) processes.
This includes the daily monitoring of EDI file processing, the troubleshooting of issues impacting successful receipt or delivery of client files, the setup and testing of new trading partners, and general customer support of issues called in to the Service Desk. The person would be involved in EDI development activities as a Technical Lead, and provide solutions for technical Architecture and design.
Manage the technical efforts associated with implementing complex and highprofile EDI trading partners.
- Participate on weekly implementation calls or meetings with clients and vendors committed to establishing an EDI partnership.
- Share HIPAA compliant expertise with trading partners requesting clarification on EDI standards, file mapping rules, and system logic.
- Ensure proper setup of the EDI tools and systems that support file transfer between company and new trading partners.
- Conduct necessary testing and indepth analysis to resolve any potential issues prior to rolling trading partners into the production environment.
- Constructively present testing results and propose adjustments that will improve service delivery to our clients and strengthen our ongoing partnership.
- Monitor, audit, and report on the processing of newly implemented trading partners to confirm their successful transition to the production environment
*Oversee the production support of existing EDI trading partners.
- Monitor the production environment and proactively prioritize, communicate, and resolve any EDI process or system issues.
- Support any issues that are raised or escalated through Account Management or executive leadership.
Stay current with changing technical protocols and Healthcare regulations regarding data exchange.
- Continue to research and establish communication channels with industry recognized organizations that provide EDI insights and direction (for example WEDI).
- Plan and incorporate new standards as appropriate.
- Offer clear and accurate interpretation of industry driven changes to internal and external contacts when solicited.
- Proactively communicate updates to internal and external contacts as regulations dictate
Leverage technical expertise and communication skills to positively influence the direction of EDI technologies and processes within company and by our trading partners
- Perform routine and ad hoc analysis of various facets of EDI processing including but not limited to system performance, claim turnaround times, data mapping, and claim volumes.
- Partner with Applications Development or other operational areas to successfully implement enhancements or fixes that will provide value to our EDI clients
- Communicate system and interface availability, modifications, and problems to internal and external stakeholders as needed and according to established policies and procedures
- Implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency of the EDI processes.
Use access to data and personal observation to identify potential process improvement opportunities.
Communicate potential solutions to management.
- Implement solutions independently or collaboratively.
- Report progress and measurements of success
- Support clients and trading partners with their nonstandard requests for ad hoc reports, testing analysis and other technical deliverables
- Provide implementation guidance.
- Help staff learn how to troubleshoot issues and practice effective analytic techniques.
- Provide documentation that may be used for training or coverage gaps
- Provide support to Manager.
- Provide coverage for other team members as needed; some on call support duties may be required on a part time or rotating basis.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.