The DR Plan Assurance coordinator is part of the Technical Infrastructure IT Business Continuity team.
· coordinating with application teams and business partners their Business Impact Analysis, conducting Disaster Recovery Plan reviews with requirements from the BIAs, Developing the BIA and DRP gap analysis and remediation plans, organizing and conducting DR table top exercises, ensuring the scope and execution of application DR functionality test, and ensuring a complete business function end-to-end DR test is executed and validated.
· Also the candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining documentation, which includes: process documentation, forms, metrics, and report-outs.
· These responsibilities will apply to applications on a variety of platforms: distributed AIX, Linux, HP-UX, etc., mid-range/iSeries, and mainframe.
· Additional responsibilities will be focused in and around IT Business Continuity, such as helping to develop a governance model, developing an infrastructure DR strategy, interacting with the Corporate IT Auditing team to confirm compliance, and developing a model to sustain long-term DR assurance.
· The DR Plan Assurance Coordinator works in step with the IT Business Continuity team leader as well as the IT Business Continuity Architects.
· Projects can be significant in size and complexity, especially with many interfaced applications, as well as significant business reliance on applications.
· There is visibility and interaction with peers, business partners, and application teams.
· Along with decisions that directly impact Cat facility operations/production globally, this is a critical position to ensuring Caterpillar can be operational in the event of a disaster.
· This requires the utmost integrity from the candidate.
· Good judgment and escalation processes are needed. Day-to-day responsibilities include organizing and running meetings with team members for discussion and analysis, developing application remediation plans, developing project tasks and duration, documenting current state and future state, and presenting DR Assurance status and metrics for management report-outs. Teamwork, assertiveness, self-starter and interpersonal skills are a must.
· This candidate should be able to work with minimal supervisor involvement and coaching. Minimal to no travel required. Deliverables: Complete, detailed, and audit-approved DR Plans for each application engagement, documented BIA to DR Plan gap analysis, validated results of Table Top Exercises, business partner validation of application DR functionality test, process documentation, management report-outs.
· Microsoft Office products.
· knowledge of distributed, iSeries, and mainframe application development processes.
· Disaster Recovery concepts, ideas, methodologies, and execution.
· interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of Sun Guard – LDRPS.
· Project Management experience
· MS Project skills.
· knowledge of IT infrastructure in distributed, iSeries, and mainframe.