The project involves an enterprise wide Business Intelligence Project. The role of the Business Analyst is to provide
- Strong business domain and process skills to understand and document business requirements for reporting across functions and business units in a Consumer Goods environment
- Examples of reporting would include Top-line Executive Dash-boards, Finance performance versus Plan, Sales tracking and deviations from plan, Brand performance, Marketing, Forecast, and Supply Chain
: 5 to 8 years Retail or Consumer Product Business Experience acquired in a CPG, Retail, or Consulting/Service/Technology Company focused on Retail and CPG Skill Set:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strong understanding of CPG business processes - New Product Development, Procurement, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales, Consumer Analytics, Forecasting
- Knowledge of CPG data sources ideally POS, Syndicated data, and also Metrics and Measures used in industry
- Ability to translate client business requirements into reporting requirements. Also the analytical capabilities to decompose client business reports, verify data sources, formulas, and translate these requirements to developers.
- Experience in communicating requirements to developers verbally and in the form of written business requirements, user interface specifications, and similar documents.
- Customer interfacing, coordination with multiple business and functional teams at the client, status updates
- Good analytical skills, written & verbal communication skills. Presumes strong knowledge of Excel, Access, and ideally some business analysis and reporting tools.
- Experience in complex reporting. Knowledge of data segregation and data visualization. Presumes strong knowledge of Excel, Access, and ideally some business analysis and reporting tools.
- Optional: Knowledge in configuration and programming in the BI environment. Awareness about ETL process.
- Interact with the users to understand their reporting requirements.
- Reverse engineer manually generated excel based reports to understand how they are built and designing BI solutions to automate those manual reports
- Communicate the business requirements and data processing logic in technical terms to the ETL developers.
- Design user interface for reports and explain the report generation logic to the report developers
- Providing necessary status updates and reports to Wipro and customer management
- Cross-training on related applications and providing backup support
- Drafting and sending of Weekly Status Reports and other Client Deliverables.
- Creating and maintaining of Project Documents, and Knowledge Base
- Root-cause analysis & fixes for critical and complex issues