has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a contract opportunity to work as a Outreach Specialist
position in a Fortune 500®
corporation located in Reno, NV
By working with Kelly in this role, you would be eligible for:
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
Shift: Part Time 20 – 30 hours a weekImportant information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit now” button below.
Schedule: Part-Time 20 – 30 hours a week (Specific Schedule TBD)
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the initial and main point of Field contact between the Company and the current and potential members.
- Responds to telephone, written, and in-person inquiries and initiates steps to assist regarding issues relating to content or interpretation of benefits, policies and procedures.
- Provides timely and accurate resolution of inquiries and issues regarding benefits, services and policies. Supports and promotes State Sponsored Programs through participation in community events. Represents State Sponsored Programs in community collaborations.
- Supports member access to care through home visits, processing of reports, and distribution of collateral materials.
- Performs new member orientations.
- Provides superior quality outcomes by taking ownership of issues to ensure timely resolution or follow-up.
- Participates in promotional activities.
- Provides superior, professional, and courteous service to customers.
- Organizes daily work without significant guidance.
- Collaborates with team members to provide superior customer services. Supports Health Management Programs.
- Conducts research to assist customers with inquiries or issues.
- Actively identifies and pursues opportunities for team involvement.
- Requires High School Diploma; 1 year of customer service experience, or any combination of education and experience that would provide an equivalent background.
ADDITIONAL JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
- Understanding of the basic principles of managed care and the concepts of publicly financed health insurance such as Medicaid and SCHIP programs, comprehends the various cultural and linguistic needs of the Medicaid and SCHIP population, knowledge of the various health and social services available in the assigned region with a special emphasis on services offered by community based organizations, ability to work professionally with WellPoint associates, community-based organizations, providers and plan members.
ADDITIONAL MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a point of field contact and advocate between the Company and members of the Health Plan.
- Function as the point of contact between member and Company to assess member's non-clinical needs and assist in communicating with Case Managers and other members of the Health Care Team.
- Provide superior, professional, and courteous service to customers.
- Must be able to assist members to make appointments for clinic and therapy visits.
- May need to accompany members to different agencies to advocate for the member.
- Collaborate with other services such as transportation services and placement/housing agencies to assist members in need of these resources.
- May need to assist members to obtain housing and food vouchers.
- Must be organized and capable of providing daily and weekly updates regarding tasks performed with members.
- Represent State Sponsored Program in community collaborations and participate in promotional community activities.
- Understanding of the basic principles of managed care and concepts of publicly financed health insurance such as Medicaid.
- Spanish speaking is an advantage, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, and excellent organizational skills.
- Basic typing and computer skills.
- Word and Excel proficient preferred, but not required.