OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Working in close co-operation with the business customers and IT teams, the quality assurance analyst applies analytical and business skills to evaluate existing and identify new or enhanced systems, products and processes which advance business objectives. The quality assurance analyst also develops, manages, and executes all phases of quality assurance testing, including analysis of product requirements to produce test requirements, and development and execution of functional/system test plans in a multi-tiered environment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
The position’s essential duties include the following:
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of business processes supported by software systems/products;
- Conduct and participate in test case reviews, requirement reviews, design reviews, and change control activities;
- Creates and contributes to the creation of test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and test data for use during the testing phases of the software development lifecycle, for new and existing software systems/products;
- Ensures that test plans and scenarios fully exercise every aspect of the product;
- Produces formal test plans; leads the testing effort for assigned projects;
- Documents and reports issues discovered during testing, and reports issues to Management.
- Works as part of Scrum Development Team, effectively participates in sprint planning, task estimates, task sequencing, task assignments, sprint reviews and retrospectives;
- Creates and performs complex test execution. Leads development of automation framework.
- Creates and maintains automated framework using standard coding methodologies.
- Collaborates with other team members to understand the scope of test cases that will be used for automated scripts.
- Defines standards, methods and procedures for test automation.
- Executes automated test scripts for all IT environments.
- Leads test management strategy. Influences and improves UAT experience.
- Leads defect tracking and resolution efforts. Leads the test management strategy. Anticipates and monitors risks.
- Implements quality standards, methods and procedures for quality control activities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Type of Experience Years of Experience
and plans 5-8 years
- Experience with automated and test management tools, developing test strategies
- Demonstrated experience with increasingly complex projects 5-8 years
- Hands-on QA testing experience in client server and/or web-based environment 5-8 years
- Experience developing manual and automated test scripts 5-8 years
- Experience with 3rd party testing and change management tools 5-8 years
- Experience with test case gathering techniques 5-8 years
- Experience with automated and test management tools 5 + years
- RDBMS experience (MS SQL Server and/or Oracle) and ability to write SQL queries. 5-8 years
- Experience developing test strategies and plans. 5 + years
- Experience with tools used for data validation and comparison. 3-4 years
NOTE: In addition, please list any desired experience.
- Experience with Project Management Software
- Experience with Software Development
- Experience with Scrum and/or other Agile Development frameworks
- Experience with vbScript
- Experience with Cucumber, Selenium, soapUI
- Experience with Unified Functional Testing (formerly known as QTP).
- Preparing and delivering information in a concise, professionally written format
- Preparing and presenting information to staff in formal settings
- Working in teams, task forces, etc.
- Analyzing and developing solutions to problems
- Managing various projects, work, technical support, etc.
- Developing and maintaining positive customer rapport
- Organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills