Job Title : Database Administrator
Employment Type : Corp to Corp
Account Manager Description :
Update(10/13) - This is a senior developer. Need atleast Teradata 12.0 skills. Please see update and withdraw any candidates who are no longer available or fit the skills required. Must have 5-7 years Teradata experience working as a production infrastructure, application or development DBA. Teradata Masters Certification Teradata 14 or greater. (*Must)
• 10 plus years experience in computer technology or related fields within the last 12 years.
• Must have 5-7 years Teradata experience working as a production infrastructure, application or development DBA
• BS/BA degree in Business Technology, Computer Science, or Management
Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Statistics, or Engineering
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers (for
generating the many reports required by the customer).
• Teradata Masters Certification Teradata 14 or greater. (*Must)
• Excellent problem solving skills with demonstrated experience managing and resolving work requests and change requests
• Demonstrated knowledge of Teradata tools and utilities, specifically:
• Database Administration-Viewpoint
• Teradata Administrator, BTEQ
• Teradata Database Query SQL Administration
• Teradata Index Wizard
• Teradata Locking Logger
• Teradata Viewpoint- Portlet Knowledge.
• Teradata Performance Monitor (PMON)
• Teradata Priority Scheduler Facility (PSF)
• Teradata SQL Assistant
• Teradata Statistics Wizard
• Teradata Visual Explain
• Teradata Database Query Log
• Teradata Database System Control (DBS Control)
• Performance Management
• Teradata Dynamic Query Manager (TDQM)
• Advance knowledge of Teradata, UNITY and /or Unified Data Architecture.
• System Performance tuning and capacity planning experience, including production and interpretation of PMCP Reports in order to determine causes of poor performing code
• SQL tuning and performance optimization, BTEQ, Shell Script knowledge.
• Expert knowledge of Teradata Database optimization techniques
• Experience with translating logical models to optimal physical models
• Experience advising developers and development teams from design through build phase.