Duration : 12 Months
Location : Warsaw, IN
Client : Zimmer Biomet
Responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, research, analyze and create content using technical writing theories, methods and tools.
- Enforce the Zimmer Biomet Quality System standards.
- Interpret and advocate industry technical writing standards and adapt them as needed.
- Ensure document content quality by consistently managing and organizing information for accuracy and readability.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend solutions to cross-functional projects relating to technical writing and business process efficiencies.
- Establish and manage relationships from document to document, within document content, or to other points of reference for product information.
- Initiate, coordinate, and lead cross-functional writing projects; negotiate project priorities, deliverables, and timelines to meet the needs of compliance and supported functional areas.
- Explore new writing methods and technologies to recommend and implement innovative solutions.
- Revise manuals for legacy devices and develop manuals for new devices.
- Work with employees from various departments (e.g., Research and Development, Sales, Clinical Education, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, etc.) to identify the technical information to be conveyed to internal and external customers.
- Manage reviews of manuals with multiple functions.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn the Company’s product portfolio and processes.
- Able to take action in solving problems and making decisions while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues, able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) in a clear and concise manner.
- Presentation skills. Able to clearly present information through the spoken work; influence or persuade others through oral presentations in positive and negative circumstances, listens well. Must be able emit a level of confidence and expertise.
- Ability to establish relationships quickly with a broad range of constituents. Must possess a collaborative style to work effectively throughout the organization. Able to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Ability to withhold actions or speech in the absence of important information: deal with unresolved situations, ambiguity, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Able to create positive energy and motivation in both individuals and groups.
- Able to develop unique and novel solutions to problems; use intuition and a new way of thinking to give birth to new ideas; to present information in an attention-getting and interesting manner.
- Technical proficiency in Adobe Pro, XML. MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio.
- 3 to 5 years with Bachelors degree or 1-3 with a Masters degree.
- Experience working in a medical device or other regulated environment/industry would be helpful