Responsible for planning and controlling every stage (from pre-construction, through to completion) of roofing installations or repairs to commercial properties for multiple concurrent construction projects. Complete projects on time and within budget, while ensuring that roofing teams work in safe conditions.
1. Work with Planning Department to determine materials and manpower required for each roofing project.
2. Estimate the time to complete each roofing project and coordinate with teams from varying trades, as appropriate.
3. Determine materials required for each project and devise delivery schedules to ensure structural timber, shingles, insulation material, guttering, fascias, etc. are available when needed.
4. Plan and ascertain availability of scaffolding, safety apparatuses and other equipment requirements for the project.
5. Review architect's roofing design to plan the sequence of work. Identify any practical problems in achieving the planned result and discuss any necessary changes with the architect and client.
6. Supervise teams and inspect the quality of work to ensure standards are met.
7. Ensure full compliance with all safety guidelines.
8. Prepare and deliver reports detailing the progress of all roofing work.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial roofing project management.
2. Demonstrated effective supervisory skills. Ability to motivate and direct the actions of others.
3. Experience in project costing and planning.
4. Excellent knowledge of roofing techniques and materials. 5. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year institution preferred.
6. Outstanding communication skills.
7. Proven ability to work under minimal direct supervision.
8. Possess a thorough knowledge of roofing legal issues and safety standards.